Monday, February 14, 2011

once again back in ohio.

Waiting for the metro.
Once again I am back in Ohio. Like I had said in my previce post, I was given the opportunity to atttend CPAC which was held in the Marretate hotel, located right of the woodland zoo metro exit. Anyone live around there? I was secretly hoping that I would be able to give you a blog post everyday but due to that conference lasted almost all day and It being my first time in washington DC. I wasn't able to make time, but I will give you a overview of the things that I learned, saw and experience on my little five day trip.
Driving was my boyfriend Ryan, and riding along were me(of coarse) along with two other Hillsdale college students Haden and Mary. I must admit that I felt a little dumb after spending 7 hours in the car listing to Haden and Mary and every once in a while Ryan putting in his two cents on whatever debate or subject they were either arguing or discussing. Needless to say I realized how their schooling was so much different then mine, and that maybe I should try and better educate myself. But than again, maybe not.

Living in rural Ohio, I never get the opportunity to ride the metro or subway, but that ended up being our main form of transportation. The Metro ride from where we were staying to the hotel were CPAC was held was about a half hour. Give or take. and instead of having to pay for a hotel we were able to stay with Ryan's old youth pastor and his wife, which was so much nicer than paying for a hotel.
CPAC was different than I thought it would be. A little over overwhelming and a bit disorganized. I was shocked as to how many Libertarians were there. Lets be clear folks, Libertarianism IS not the new Conservatism. There were defiantly a few questionable groups that were representative there this year. Such as “Go Proud” which is a Homosexual group. A lot of people actually chose to boycote CPAC, because as a Conservative with Christian beliefs we need to up hold the bible and Christian values. Yes, does the republican party need votes but My opinion is that by allowing them to be there, that conservatives and Republicans are just playing the denocrates game, as in that they are using them just to get there votes.
Cake Boss Cake
There were a lot of speakers and events that revolved around Ronald Reagan. Which only made sense, seeing that his birthday was last week. We attended a birthday party, were a previse virgina congress man spoke. Sense this was a birthday party, CPAC brought in a cake from the one and only "Cake Boss", not only did it look amazing it tasted amazing. I must say that this trip really took me back, and made me realize how great of a man that Ronald Reagan was. I hope to meet him once I get up to heaven. It also made me thing a lot about my grandpa Woody Booth. I don't think that he be impressed with our current government citation.
I had the chance to meet Representative Michele Bachmann who represents the 6th congressional district of Minnesota. She is an amazing women and seemed really sweet, Also Ryan was also able to snag her business card. Once Ryan mentions he is from Hillsdale college its like people worship the ground you walk on, okay I might be over exaggerating but its close. I also was very excited once I saw Sara Palin, but then came to realize it was a fake, how could someone be so rude?

Alan West
Oh did I mention how many Ron Paul supporters and Mitt Rommiey supporters there were. Gross.
The over all trip was great they had a “repealing Obama care” panel that was absolutely amazing, but the best speech from the whole conference was the last speech which was given by Congressmen Alan West  from Florida. It left chilled on my body. I could be wrong but this could be the second Ronald Reagan with a speech that may go down in history but than again, I won't be surprised if the liberals ruin his big moment.


Ryan & I in front of
Washington monument.
Although we were at CPAC from 8 am to practically all day, Ryan and I was able to go tour some off our nations memorials and capital buildings. It was nice that Ryan had been there, its faster to get around if you now were you are going. I never imagine that the capital building would be so beautiful with all the statues and pillers. We also took a little trip to china town, which was extremely busy. Along with our little site seeing, Ryan took me to a cozy little restaurant for Valentines days followed with some Godiva Dark Chocolate.yum. 
DC is not really like I had thought it would be, but I can't say that I was disappoint or surprised. DC is full of beautiful buildings and historical little houses smashed side by side.

--Sunshine Girl in Red. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment