Friday, January 30, 2015

Why I struggle with the Super Bowl and Football in General.

The most watched football game is right around the corner. Last years match up between the Seahawks and Broncos was seen by 111.5 million people, but I was not one of the 111.5 million people watching. 

The super bowl for some may just be the two best football teams going at it for a title, but for many it is another night of horror, another night of random men and women taking advantage of them. Paying for them to perform a service. 

The traffic that is brought to the Super Bowl cities is enough to cover the pimps looking to boost their sales. The pimps and victims can go unnoticed making the super bowl the largest sex trafficking hot spot in the United State.

According to Forbes, 10,000 prostitutes were brought to Miami for the Super Bowl in 2010. Lets me make it clear, prostitution of minors is considered trafficking under federal law. 

Do I even need to explain what my struggle is? Each football season leading up to a Super Bowl is just a reminder for me. I fear for the poor innocent girls and boys who will never be the same. 

Sure I enjoy the Super Bowl commercial, but to sit through and watch a game, when I know that there are other things going on.  I can't, I don't get into it. My anxiety spikes, my heart gets heavy. 

It was just today when I realized while reading about the task forces they have prepared for this years super bowl why I don't like football in general. It is because my little eyes cannot look past and process in my brain football without remembering what happens at the end of the each season. 

So this year as you sit with friends, family, and co-workers watching this years Super Bowl match please take time to pray that lives will be rescued, and that hearts will be changed.

Sunshine Girl in Red

**Please don't be upset with my own personal problems with Football, I am not in anyway saying that People who enjoy and look forward to the Super Bowl is a horrible person, because that is not possible-Every one is different! So for those who enjoy football, May the best team win. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment