Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Making due with what you have in the tiny pantry.

With my Husband on frequent work trips, I have come to realize that if I lived with just Daisy that we- we referring to Daisy and I- we would not be on the best well rounded diet.

Husband and I have been trying hard to take processed foods out of our diet and trying our hardest to eat more fruits and vegetables leaving our tiny pantry a little bare if you know what I mean, and if you don't let me explain. NO CHOCOLATE CHIPS and CURRENTLY NO PEANUT BUTTER.

I know you all are thinking that we have gone crazy, but let me assure you we will not be chocolate or peanut butter less for much longer. You can sleep tonight knowing that I have placed that on my next shopping list.

I cannot blame the pantry being bare on just the whole "eating better" it is also because I am not one to go grocery shopping for just myself. If husband is going to be gone for a few days I like to just make due with what we have in the pantry, and with this work trip landing right after a weekend in Northeast Ohio visiting with family and friends we have not made a trip to the grocery store in over a week.

so Daisy and I would like to share with you the good and bad of our meals the past two days.

Day one: Monday January 26

Breakfast: Tim Horton's right before husband left for his work trip- GOOD!
Lunch: Soup- GOOD!

okay so far you are thinking not so bad. Right?

Dinner: Rachel and Daisy's Pea and Tuna Mushroom Soup-GOOD/BAD

Rachel and Daisy's Pea and Tuna Mushroom Soup Recipes:

Place frozen peas into soup pan, Turn oven on medium- this part is tricky because my stoves only setting is high. Next you add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a can of tuna. Stir until hot. Once hot, Dish into soup bowl and top with sour cream and hot sauce.

Let's just say that one bowl was all I needed of that soup.

Day two: Tuesday January 27

Breakfast: Cereal with coconut milk-GOOD!

Lunch: Frozen broccoli and carrots with mustard-GOOD!

Snack: Cottage cheese-GOOD!

Dinner: Frozen broccoli with mustard again-GOOD!

Desert: Brownie in a Mug-BAD!

The Brownie in a mug was because of a chocolate craving. I was able to find a really easy recipe thanks to a Google search. IT WAS HORRIBLE!

Overall I would say it was successful. Daisy enjoyed the left over soup and broccoli. I have one more day of random eating. Husband comes home tonight which means a trip to the grocery store is in my future.

If you learned anything from today's blog post I hope that it was to stay away from those brownies in a mug, and that you should always have peanut butter in your pantry.

Sunshine Girl in Red












0 comments:

Post a Comment