Tuesday, January 27, 2015

All Is Well!

All is well. Just not as planned. As you can see this is not a USA blog post that I had promised at the beginning of the year, but it is a Blog Post!

I hope you all will forgive me for my absence. You see I have been playing with different blog ideas in my head- But today I just needed someone, something to write too about what life has been like the past couple weeks.

As some of you may already know, I started a new job in December, and some of you also know that I struggled when I first started. Not quite sure what I had got myself into. It is not that I don't like my co-workers, or my actually duties at the job, but it is different. I spent the first month and actually all of January praying and thinking. Saying "God I really like this Job, I like who I work with, I like that I  have new responsibilities, I like my schedule",  but I was still struggling with not understanding how I was suppose to fit in with a different patient culture and different patient personalities in a  office that is trying to be built, but only being built with certain and somewhat strict regulation.  Making me want what I used to have at my old office. A primary care that was busy, crazy, overwhelming, and physical draining, but Something happened yesterday.

Yesterday was a typical Monday at work. I went in with only one patient on the schedule. Thankfully with a couple walk-ins, and a sick visit, we had a scheduled of four patients. I was excited, you need to understand that for a practice that is limited to a smaller patient base, and is in the progress of being built and expanded, having four patients on your scheduled is very good.

It was one patient in particular yesterday that as I drove home, and spent the night replaying the office visit and conversation back in my head trying to process the thoughts and feelings I had that I realized. I may be at a small practice, but yesterday after weeks of asking God to show me what my purpose was in this office, He showed me. He had me realize that I did not always have to be in a fast passed, overwhelming office to see people who need help and Jesus in their life. I have chosen not go into exact detail but my heart was broke yesterday. It broke for the patient, and her family.


It was like God was saying to me Darling, I know you are so worried about not being in an office like what you were used to in Akron, but don't you see? My children are everywhere and they are lost and hurting. I may not have been able to save my patient and her family like I wished I could, but I am forever changed. I was reminded that I am at my office for a reason, and that sometimes prayer is all I can do when it comes to patient care. 

I am so thankful for my Father in heaven, the ultimate Physician. I am thankful that I can go to him in prayer understanding that He is the One who heals in this sick and broken world.

Saving the world one prayer at a time,

Sunshine Girl in Red. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment