Friday, February 6, 2015

International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation

It was not until recent that I came across Female Genital Mutilation due to an experience I had at my work place. I was completely taken back at what I was told. The images that flashed into my head were unbelievable.  It was over a matter of days that I thought about this concept, this evil, and this abusive power,or maybe power isn't even the right word to describe it.

For those who do not know what Female Genital Mutilation is, I will inform you. FGM is a operation, in which the female Genitals mainly the clitoris is partially or entirely removed or injured with the goals of altering a woman's sexual feelings.  This operation in the past years has been done mainly before puberty between the ages of 4-6, but increasingly the popularity of FGM is being performed on girls much younger. As young as a couple days old.

As I write out this blog post my stomach hurts, My mind is going in a million different direction, Why do people do this? I have not done much research into the back ground of this horrible practice other than knowing that it is a major practice found in many Muslim communities.

I can't help but think of how silly us as America's our. Thinking that we are raging war on women because certain people don't believe in abortions or you may not be paid as much as your male co worker. When really we have no idea what the true war on women is like. Today is international day of zero tolerance to female genital mutilation. It is the topics like this that weigh heavy on my heart, making me wish that Jesus would come back soon.

Let us raise awareness and have zero tolerance. Let us focus on the real war on women and pray for girls to be rescued, and souls to be saved.

Sunshine Girl in Red.






0 comments:

Post a Comment