Monday, November 17, 2014

Just a little home made Christmas in November

Good day.

I am excited to share with you the projects that Daisy and I have been working on today! It has simply been a perfect day! Let me mention that I am so thankful that I have a awesome husband that supports daisy and I- making it a possibility for me to stay home part time and do fun things around the house. We love you husband! ;)

Yesterday weather report read that we would wake up Monday morning  in a magical snow globe. Secretly praying to myself that it would be true  and planning my Monday adventures as I laid in bed last night, excited that Thanksgiving and Christmas was just around the corner.  I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed excited to peek out the window blinds hoping that the weather man was correct and that God had heard my silent prayers. Squealing as I looked and saw the snow covered roof tops, and crystal covered trees on our street.

Excited to take Daisy out in the snow for the first time this winter, I eagerly got up, You see Husband being sweet normally lets me lay in bed and he takes her out, but I was not going to miss out on this opportunity. Daisy walking into the snow snorting, and running with her nose in the snow. Happy to be playing, but when it was time to use the restroom she was a bit confused.

With breakfast made and husband sent out in the snow covered roads to work, Daisy and I got busy with our adventures that we had planned. Thanks to YouTube and recipes easily found  online we set out to make this years Christmas tree ornaments from scratch.  Below  I have pictures to document our wonderful day.

The Snow this morning, God surely does make beautiful things!


Crochet snowflakes,  That I have created to hang on our first Christmas tree as a married couple. YAY!  Thanks to many awesome YouTube videos our tree will be so pretty.
 Here is a link to crochet snowflake that I used and found very easy!


Here is a picture of my back yard, It is not wonderful!!


Cut out Ornaments. These were super easy, fun and smell really yummy, and so does my little house!


I found a blog that had this recipe and I thought I could easily do those, and save a ton of money on Christmas ornaments!!


Here are the ingredients:
Cinnamon
Applesauce


that is it folks, Easy Peesy 


Applesauce and Cinnamon mixed together


Lets not forget about my side kick Daisy :) 
Responsible for licking all the utensils before I placed them in the dish washer, giving me moral support as I made them, and making sure that nothing was dropped on the floor. 


You can use whatever cookie cutters you would like! Daisy and I battled the slick and snow covered roads to run to Kohls where I got 25 cookie cutters for 10 dollars! Oh how I love sale items and 20% off on top of the sale. 

They baked for an hour at 250 degrees.
I will let them sit overnight, and will thread string through them tomorrow!


Daisy and I are tired and happy. 

Hope you enjoyed our little homemade Christmas. If you have any homemade Christmas secrets you would like to share please leave a comment. 

Sunshine Girl in Red 









0 comments:

Post a Comment