Sunday, July 21, 2013

Zucchini Lasagna equals super yummy and Gluten free. WIN!


This past week my mom, a friend, along with myself decided to take the leap and go GLUTEN free. Yep, you heard me right Gluten free. Thanks to pinterest, who made it look way easy I started with a lasagna recipe.Let me tell you, it was Fantastic!

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb 93% lean beef (You can also go no beef-if your in to that kinda thing) 
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil (okay really does not have to be fresh if you don't have it)
  • 3 medium zucchini, sliced 1/8" thick ( I did not think three was enough, The next time I am going to make sure I buy 4 medium-large Zucchini ) 
  • 15 oz part-skim ricotta
  • 16 oz part-skin mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1 large egg
  • Your choice of pasta sauce







Directions:

In a medium sauce pan, brown meat and season with salt. When cooked drain in a strainer to remove any grease or left over fat. Add olive oil to the pan and saute garlic and onions for about 2 minutes. Return the meat to the pan, add tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer on low for at least 20 minutes. 

While that is doing its thing, slice zucchini into slice (thick or thin- depending on knife skills and your choice) add lightly sale and grill or saute to relive extra water. Blot excess moisture with paper towel.  
    Preheat oven to 350.

    In a medium bowl mic ricotta chesse, parmesan cheese and egg. 

    In a casserole dish, spread sauce on the bottom and layer as desire. Cover with foil when done. 

    Bake 45 minutes covered at 375, then uncovered 15 minutes. Let stand about 5-10 minutes before serving.

    Enjoy! I hope you fall in love with this as much as I did!

    Sunshine Girl in Red. 




    0 comments:

    Post a Comment